Tech JDI is looking for someone to grow cross border business activities between Singapore and Vietnam, complementary to existing business of helping Singapore companies soft-land in Ho Chi Minh City.
This is an early employee / late co-founder role.
You are expected to explore, locate, and propose potential business opportunities by contacting existing or potential partners, clients, or researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements.
You will evaluate potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials.
You will also be consulted for internal priorities, and recommending equity investments when required.
Our current core business is helping Singapore companies to setup business and development operations in Ho Chi Minh City. You will be exposed to all areas of business setup, and formation of IT development teams in HCMC.
You will close new business deals by sales-funnelling potential customers and coordinating requirements, developing and negotiating contracts, and integrating contract requirements with business operations.
You will also provide ongoing customer account support by working with the operations team to attend to customer new requirements and issues.
The candidate should have/be:
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, as he/she will need to communicate over Whatsapp/Skype/Email.
- Well organized and able to work independently.
- Pleasant personality, self-driven, and hard working.
- Motivation for Sales, Closing Skills, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs.
- Good interpersonal skills, as he/she will need to work with the teams in the SG and VN offices
- Proficiency in computerized MS WORD and EXCEL.
The candidate is preferably:
- a Singaporean or Vietnamese, or have work/cultural exposure between Singapore and Vietnam.
- Has worked with, and has existing connections to education institutions, and start-up ecosystem (including government ministries) in Singapore and/or Vietnam
- At least 3 years of working experience in a business development/sales position
- Flexible work-from-anywhere arrangement – as long as responsive and things get done
- Work communications over Whatsapp/Viber/Skype/Emails
- Small execution teams in a start-up working environment
- Candidate will be based out of offices in Singapore and Ho Chi Minh City
- Candidate may be required to travel within the city to liaise with service providers and contractors
Remunerations are negotiable based on experience, and will be a combination of salary, commission, and shares.